|Job Ref:||204690781||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:14|
Purpose of Job |
To provide a measurement and investigative service to engineering departments within MAHLE Powertrain, using the Metrology Department facilities .
Conduct measurements & record results in-line with the requirements of Measurement Request.
Using equipment such as:
* Height gauge
* Talysurf or Mahr Perthometer
* Profile measuring equipment
Programming and use of Mitutoyo CMM machine Advise on best practice for component measurement Contribute to the good housekeeping required in the work (url removed)munication of any problems or concerns to the Metrology Supervisor.
GCSE in Maths or equivalent is essential.
BTEC level 3 or equivalent craft apprenticeship would be advantageous.
Skills and Experience
* Track record in use and programming Mitutoyo CMM machines
* Proven experience within a measuring environment, must be capable of using standard range of Metrology Equipment.
* Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes
* Experience of working with Quality Systems.
* Good understanding of engineering drawings.
* Competent computer user.
* Ability to communicate at all levels