|Job Ref:||204690989||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sandy||Address:||Post Code:||SG19||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:58|
Location: Sandy, Beds
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 and benefits
We are an industrial food machinery manufacturer with our products sold to food manufacturers worldwide. We now have an additional requirement for a Project Engineer who will work with a Project Manager and other Project Engineers in the design of products for the food industry. We invite applications from Mechanically biased Project Engineers who have been working for a similiar capital equipment manufacturer.
* Review the contract at the outset and check for any discrepancies between our quotation, acknowledgement of order, any proposal drawings, and the customer's specifications and expectations.
* Agree a schedule with the Sales, Technical, Electrical Engineering and Factory Managers that also fits the customer's schedule, and to ensure that all key dates on this schedule are met.
* Supervise the preparation of the layout drawings for the customer to approve.
* Obtain the customers approval of the designs before the detailed design is done.
* Ensure all items to be purchased that may have a long lead time are pre-ordered in time.
* Ensure the project financial milestones are met.
* Supervise the detailed design work.
* If the programming of main system control panel is included check the software has been written and thoroughly tested with the control panel prior to delivery.
* Keep a detailed list of all deviations from the quotation and the contract as defined at the time of order. The Sales Engineer is responsible for negotiating all variations in price but can only do so if kept informed.
* Be available to answer questions for the factory at all times and ensure there are no delays through lack of information.
* Check the manufacturing is proceeding as intended. It is never too late to correct a mistake but the earlier it is picked up the lower the cost of rectification.
* Invite the customer to inspect the equipment at a time that suits the manufacture. Ensure that delivery arrangements are made and that all relevant parties are informed.
* Ensure manuals and spares quotations are prepared and sent early.
* Where appropriate supervise subcontractors during installation.
* Commissioning of the equipment.
* Offer a technical backup service for the life of the equipment.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply