|Job Ref:||204691143||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£18000/annum £18,000 per annum + paid overtime of a weeken||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:57|
An industry leader in technical event staging and who is part of a global, full-service provider for the live events and exhibition industry is seeking an AV Technician based in Manchester to join its expanding onsite audio visual team based at Manchester Central. The AV Technician will receive 25 days per annum (plus bank holidays and statutory public holidays), Death in Service, subsidised healthcare and pension and many other benefits.|
The company works with many of the world`s leading event organisers and corporate brands to deliver face-to-face experiences that excite and engage. From large scale trade shows to international congresses, glittering awards presentations to high profile sporting events - its clients depend on its 3,000 passionate employees throughout the world for unparalleled service, high impact creativity and flawless execution.
As the AV Technician your duties will be to:
• Installation, management and operation of audio visual equipment on-site as required.
• Liaise with the Branch Manager and Project Managers to provide support and advice with audio visual requirements.
• Build strong and sustainable customer relationships with new and existing customers.
• Maintain customer contact throughout project duration, ensuring that the project reaches a satisfactory conclusion.
• Report back at the end of each project any shortfalls in working practices and possible improvements.
• Assist in the technical preparation of equipment, as directed by the Branch or Project Managers, to ensure that the equipment meets both the companies and the client's standards, including liaising with warehouse staff, account handlers and other project managers.
• Act as the company representative onsite where required, ensuring the correct behaviour of the freelance crew.
• Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are
• highlighted to your line manager.
• Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company.
• Take a participative role in the Company`s sustainability initiative and ensure where possible your actions support the achievement of this initiative; reuse, recycle and replenish.
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function.
To be a successful AV Technician you will have the following skills and experience:
• Experience gained within the exhibition and events industry.
• Experience working within a similar role / at a similar level.
• Audio Visual technical knowledge, Knowledge of R2 rental system.
• Degree-level or equivalent.
• GCSE Maths and English or equivalent (A-C grade).
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
You will be working a 40-hour week working Monday to Friday, typically between the hours of 9.00 - 6.00 (with one hour unpaid lunch). You may be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods in order to meet the demands of the business, including overseas travel as required.
In return, the AV Technician will receive a salary of £18,000 per annum plus paid overtime of a weekend.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.