|Job Ref:||204691421||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:14|
A Configuration Manager is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK Defence business
Overview of the Configuration Manager Contract role
Manage the configuration of information pertaining to the RC Programme. This specifically includes management and control of product and non-product change from proposal through to embodiment
Development and maintenance of local change management practice and policy in accordance with programme frameworks. Implementation of CM tools, processes and practices as articulated in the relevant Change and Configuration Management Plans.
Provide guidance, support and training as required by the River Class Programme Tea and to support the development of Change Management.
Key skills required for the Configuration Manager
* Strong expertise and experience in Configuration Management theory, discipline and execution.
* Qualification from a relevant Configuration Management accreditation organisation (e.g. NDIA, CMII)
* Understanding of data and information relationships and the ability to apply them pragmatically
* Knowledge and experience in use of ship design processes and systems to LCM guidelines
* Broad knowledge of the nature of the work in all phases of the engineering life cycle especially with regard to the achievement of project phase milestones. Understands the relationship between activities in different phases of the engineering lifecycle.
* Broad knowledge of how to perform problem definition for the whole system/problem, identifying implicit and explicit boundaries, interfaces, constraints and requirements in own business area. Able to decompose the system/problem into manageable chunks and to assess the implications of proposed changes on technical, operational and commercial aspects of the complete system or project.
* You understand project management concepts, principles and techniques and effectively translate them to large and/ or complex projects. You are skilled in ensuring that you and your function contribute effectively throughout the project lifecycle.
* Knowledge of how to proactively identify, manage and mitigate product safety issues across the product/service area.
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh.
If you are a Configuration Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)