|Job Ref:||204692653||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Andover||Address:||Post Code:||SP10||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum package||Post Date:||27/09/2016 03:19|
My client are a family owned regional contractor based in Southampton that specialise in social housing and commercial projects along the south coast. They are well established with around 15 active sites at the moment and a land bank to further that project list. |
They currently have a project in Andover at the moment consisting of 8 traditional build private houses and they need a No.1 Site Manager to oversee that development, then future work within the Southampton area. Candidates must have experience working as a No.1 Site Manager both on private and social housing projects, have been working for a house builder as a Site Manager for the last 5 years and must live local to the Southampton area. Due to the level of experience required, the client have stated they would be looking to pay between £40k - £50k + package.
* Providing clear direction to the on-site construction team regarding responsibilities and targets
* Managing the day to day operation from foundation to completion, and the critical paths for labour, materials and plant including material lead times
* Ensuring the development is completed in accordance with specification and the build programme
* Providing accurate and regular reports on progress and dates
* Controlling additional costs for non-productive costs and prelim expenditure
* Driving through quality at every stage of the construction process
* Ensures the development pass internal and external inspection processes
* Ensuring all aspects of Health and Safety are followed and adhered to
* Taking responsibility for self-development and the development of others
* Monitoring and controlling the quality of production, and approve stage completions to payments to sub-contractors
* Ensuring any remedial work is completed prior to occupation
* Ensure customer service remains of the highest priority at all times with everyone on site
The ideal candidate will currently be working for another large developer or social housing contractor on volume build, fast paced projects.
The above qualifications are required as a minimum.
* Privately owned family run company
* Land bank of work close to Southampton and sorrounding area
* Reasonable build pace in order to allow for a quality build.
* Variaition of sites and build aspects
The client operate a 2 stage interview process, the 1st being with the line manager and the 2nd being with the overall decision maker. If this opportunity is of interest please apply now or contact me on (Apply online only).
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business