|Job Ref:||204693078||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Sutton Coldfield||Address:||Post Code:||B73||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:38|
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Intelligent Transport Systems|
Location: Sutton Coldfield
We're recruiting for a Senior Engineer for our Intelligent Transport Systems team in Sutton Coldfield. As a Senior Engineer you will provided technical assistance, support and management (where required) with all activities relating to the study, development, design, value management, preparation and delivery of technology schemes on the Highways England motorway and APTR network.
* Undertake specific projects as required and directed by Team Leader, to include; understanding and interpreting the requirements to achieve the project aims and client expectations.
* Identify and apply appropriate methodologies and standards to produce effective and innovative solutions. Actively contribute and record efficiencies and innovations.
* Co-ordinate investigations, surveys and studies; and provide relevant reports to include potential problems, issues recommendations and solutions.
* Co-ordinate other relevant discipline surveys, safety audits etc. within the Kier Highways team and wider group where applicable.
* Liaise with specialist supply chain to coordinate tasks and information required to fulfil inputs / outputs.
* Undertake specific tasks as instructed by Team Leader, providing specialist support and applying relevant knowledge for the development of solutions throughout the VM and the Design stages.
* Where applicable, provide specialist support and consultation for other Area 9 disciplines, HE Major Projects and RIS/RIP schemes, to include attendance at meetings or preparing reports as required.
* Ensure all requirements for health and safety activities are met under the current CDM regulations
* Liaise with the Client, Police, local Highway Authority, statutory undertakers and other bodies where applicable, attending meetings where required.
* Degree or equivalent qualification within a technology bias engineering discipline e.g. communications, electronic/electrical engineering.
* Obtained or working towards professional qualifications e.g. EngTech, MIET, IEng to CEng
* Some proven project management experience in the design and/or delivery of small to medium highway technology projects would be desirable.
* Working knowledge and experience of Highways England standards and procedures.
* Experience in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and AutoCAD systems is essential.
* A good understanding of the highways technology asset needs with experience in technical areas
* Relevant experience in highways and traffic technology, SMART Motorways and Expressways or similar would be desirable.
* A good understanding of ITS/technology components for highways projects including production of design calculation, drawings, communication drawings, specifications etc.
* A current UK FULL driving license is essential for the role as site visits will be required.
Kier Group plc is a leading construction, services and property group specialising in building and civil engineering, support services, commercial property development, structured property financing and private and affordable housing.
We offer the opportunity to grow and develop your career with a successful and progressive organisation, a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer