|Job Ref:||204693187||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Bovingdon||Address:||Post Code:||HP3||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:38|
We are looking for a time served plasterer to work within a prison teaching young offenders to plaster. |
This is a permanent position for the right person and teaching qualifications will be paid for by us. The hours of work will be 37.5 per week with a Friday afternoon off.
We are looking for someone who knows the trade but can also have the patience to teach your skills.
Job Spec -
Outline of the Main Function of the Job
Deliver high quality training and assessment to offenders within a prison environment
Represent JLT at all key stakeholder meetings; prison, employers, funders as appropriate
• Monitor programmes, timely success, learner achievement and learner progress reviews reporting monthly
• Monitor contractual paperwork to ensure contractual and awarding body compliance
• Produce a weekly report on workshop occupancy, monitoring learner numbers against the agreed profile with our funder.
• Be proactive in marketing the provision at the Prison and working with the Education team to promote JLT.
• Represent JLT at the internal Prison education staff meetings.
Quality/ Curriculum Development
• Contribute to the completion of the annual Self assessment report and Quality Improvement Plan
• Undertake Course evaluation reviews in line with the Quality Cycle
• Attend standardisation meetings and share good practice
• Ensure assessment, moderation, standardisation and verification of work is undertaken to JLT and Awarding Body standards.
• In liaison with the Head of Quality you will regularly review the appropriateness of the curriculum offer within the Prison and undertake curriculum development activities to ensure the learning opportunities available are current and meet the needs of the learners
Teaching and Learning
• Provider training, learning, teaching and assessment
• Develop portfolios of evidence in order to meet the qualification requirements
• Ensure that regular profiling and reviews of trainees are undertaken
• Maintain learner tracking records
• Deliver learner induction as required
• Collect learner feedback as per quality procedures
• Provide support required by trainees
• Ensure workshop and classroom environments are conducive to learning
• Maintain the highest standards of customer care at all times.
• Some travel to alternative training venues may be required from time to time.
• To undertake any other duties reasonably falling within the purview of the post.
• Ensure compliance with the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy
• Implement high standards of health & safety, ensuring compliance with HSE and funding body requirements
• Actively participate in own continued professional development (CPD)
Good interpersonal and presentation skills
Basic computer skills
Experience of trade instruction desirable
Minimum 5 years experience 'on-site'
Knowledge of administration procedures
City and Guilds Craft or NVQ Level 2 (minimum) in relevant trade
City and Guilds Advanced Craft or NVQ Level 3 (desirable) in relevant trade
PTLLS (minimum) DTLLS or Cert Ed (desirable)
Literacy and Numeracy level 2 (minimum)
The nature of operations is such that on occasions all employees are expected to undertake short term assignments, appropriate to their abilities to support the company. For example, support other departments in times of heavy workload or shortage of labour due to absence.
Send CV and call John - (Apply online only)