|Job Ref:||204693383||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Sutton Coldfield||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:39|
Job Title: Engineer - Intelligent Transport Systems|
Location: Sutton Coldfield
You will work as a valued member of the team assisting the Senior Engineer with all activities, where required, relating to the study, development, design, value management and preparation of technology schemes on the Highways England motorway and APTR network.
* Undertake specific projects as directed by the Senior Engineer, to include; planning, development and design for the application of highways technology assets e.g. VMS, MIDAS, CCTV
* Undertake the planning and design of power and communications infrastructure for highways technology assets.
* Identify and apply appropriate methodologies and standards to produce effective and innovative solutions while actively contribute and record efficiencies and innovations.
* Carry out investigations, surveys and studies, providing relevant reports to include potential problems, issues recommendations and solutions.
* Co-ordinate other relevant discipline surveys, safety audits etc. within the Kier Highways team and wider group where applicable.
* Liaise with specialist supply chain to coordinate design input / output.
* Applying skills and knowledge to review and prepare technical design packages, to include drawings, briefs and specifications.
* Identify and undertake all health and safety activities as required under the current CDM regulations
* Liaise with the Client, Police, local Highway Authority, statutory undertakers and other bodies where applicable, attending meetings where required.
* Assist in the support, training and development of junior team members where applicable.
* Degree or equivalent qualification within a technology bias engineering discipline e.g. communications, electronic/electrical engineering.
* Relevant experience in highways & traffic technology, SMART Motorways and Expressway and Highways England standards and procedures or similar would be desirable.
* Obtained or working towards professional qualifications e.g. EngTech, MIET, IEng to CEng
* A good understanding of the highways technology asset needs with experience in technical areas including but not limited to; Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), SCADA, CCTV, MIDAS, VMS & Signals, Highways Infrastructure - roadside equipment, power supplies and distribution, communications cable networks, NRTS, RCC in-station equipment.
* Ability to deliver ITS/technology components for highways projects including production of design calculation, drawings, communication drawings, specifications etc.
* Experience in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and AutoCAD systems is essential.
Kier Group plc is a leading construction, services and property group specialising in building and civil engineering, support services, commercial property development, structured property financing and private and affordable housing. We employ over 15,000 people worldwide, and have an annual revenue of £3bn.
We offer the opportunity to grow and develop your career with a successful and progressive organisation, a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer