|Job Ref:||204691050||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:38|
Kier Construction Western and Wales is looking to recruit a Design Manager to support the team in Plymouth. The main purpose of the role is to co-ordinate and integrate the activities of our external design consultants. Assist on pre-construction activities and tender opportunities, to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants. Kier Construction Western and Wales deal with new build projects in the Education, Health, Retail and Office sectors with values up to £50 million.
* Manage the design process during the tender stage
* Attend prequalification interviews and presentations as required
* Agree the tender information required schedule with the bid team
* Chair design development meetings during the tender process
* Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities
* Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer's Requirements.
* Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
* Manage our design process via external consultants
* Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design
* Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates
* Review Sub contractor design proposals
* Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers
* Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed
* Introduce relevant 'Value Engineering' to provide a commercial advantage
* Facilitate the completion of a project risk register
* Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required
* Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline)
* Commercial awareness
* Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes
* Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
* Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads
* Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
For more information visit (url removed)
Kier is an equality and diversity employer