|Job Ref:||204691282||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||£11/hour||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:44|
Construction Administrator required for a temporary role; applicants must have previous construction site experience, systematic approach to work, have the ability to multi task. Good communication skills are vital as liaison will be with being with the senior managers and engineers. This role will involve dealing directly clients and therefore a professional telephone manner is essential. The successful applicant will be dealing with a high volume of calls so being able to work effectively in a fast paced environment is essential. |
• Previous experience of a working in a construction environment and allocating works to engineers
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
• Organised and able to work well under pressure and multi-task
• Strong communication skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Secretarial support to the Project Manager (dealing with confidential/sensitive information appropriately) Attend management / team meetings - taking minutes as required.
• Experience of using document control system is desired, as well experience of recording incoming drawings/correspondence/faxes and logging and sending out post and internal faxes.
• Diary Management; Organisation of electronic diary systems, organising and setting internal and external meetings, arranging correspondence, arrange travel, expenses, timecards and lunches.
• To maintain supplier and subcontractor databases and contacts.
• To prepare supplier and subcontractor enquiries.
• To give support and information at tender handover meetings, to contracts and surveying staff, including recording minutes.
• To work within a close office environment, have a good team ethic, yet be strong enough to be their own person.
• To develop relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Typing and excellent all round IT skills (literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Filing (electronic and manual) of general correspondence and drawings - Keeping up to date with Quality Management Systems and Procedures and ensure these are strictly adhered to.
• Analytically and strategically minded.
• Computer literate (word | excel), estimating software and programming software would be an advantage (however training would be provided).
• Ability to work within pressure situations of demanding time constraints and deadlines.
If you are interested in finding out more about the company and role, please contact Rehana Feeley on (Apply online only) / (Apply online only) or send your full CV