|Job Ref:||204695718||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£50000/annum Car allowance, Package||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:44|
Family run regional main contractor, require a Number 1 Site Manager for large new build pub projects in Lancashire, projects will start in October/November 2016|
You will be overseeing the full project lifecycle from Ground preparation and Groundwork's to final stages and fit out, projects are generally valued at £1.5- £2 million. They are fast track projects with tight construction programmes, so experience of building pubs/hotels and retail projects would be advantageous. The projects are timber frame by design so experience of this construction method is again an advantage
This role will involve:
* Liaising with clients, subcontractors, and professional staff, and reporting progress
* Managing contracted staff and all site personnel
* Making safety inspections and ensuring health and safety is adhered to on site
* Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
* Maintaining quality control procedures
* Motivating the workforce
* Reporting to the visiting Contracts Manager
* Striving to ensure the project is delivered on time, and on budget
Recent experience working for a main contractor is essential, as is previous experience working on Pub new builds or refurbishments, and you must also hold valid SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS qualifications.
A background in joinery would also be beneficial.
For more details about this position, please contact Mark Warrington on (Apply online only)