|Job Ref:||204694212||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£75000 - £85000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:39|
Job title: Pre Construction Manager - Principle Contractor |
Salary: £75,000 - £85,000 + company benefits (dependant on experience & seniority)
Job Type: Permanent
As a long established and well respected name in the Construction Industry our client has increased their in-house expertise to self-deliver the Building Services elements of some of their own projects, already generating an additional £35m per annum to their already impressive £1 Billion + Group T/O. This in house expertise encompasses design, estimation, installation and commissioning.
The client covers a multitude of sectors with particular strengths in the Educational, Public, Commercial and Residential Sectors for traditional architecturally led, Design & Build, New Build and refurbishment projects.
Our client is looking to add an additional Pre-Construction Manager, ideally suited to a candidate with an engineering background, to their existing team due to the growth and expansion of the business unit.
* Effective management of the Regional Business Unit Work Winning Dept, delivering preconstruction services within financial constraints to meet Business Plan objectives.
* Develop, lead, manage & maintain a preconstruction team to meet Business Unit objectives.
* Contribute to the effective management of the Regional Board.
* Identify winning bid themes, strategies and actions. Communicate and implement effectively.
* Standardise quality bid submissions & share best practice
* Ensure design strategy is in place, risk analysed & summarised.
* Review and lead prime cost evaluation
* Create/review technical submission.
* Adherence to tender process
* Receive, analyse and disseminate tender documents, including handling clarifications & amendments.
* Preparation of bid programmes & internal bid number & monitoring of progress against the programme.
* Ensure all bids are subject to correct adjudication and governance procedures e.g. bid: no bid criteria, sign offs and approvals.
* Standardise quality bid submissions and share best practice
* Help develop, lead, manage & maintain a procurement strategy to meet objectives.
* Help develop an annual budget for preconstruction services & manage resources within agreed financial constraints.
* Monthly reporting on workflow forecasts & bid trend analysis information.
* Monitor, update & produce Regional Business Unit Approvals for Divisional & Group level.
* Produce data capture & feedback reports on live projects.
Education, experience and essential:
* Recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering, ideally suited to a Chartered Engineer with a Design background
* Wide industry experience with a defined network/profile including defined preconstruction and/or bid experience & exposure to multi procurement & contract types
* Experienced in ICE, NEC & JCT forms of contract
* Experienced in planning as part of the tender process
* People management, leadership and strong negotiation experience
* Good attention to detail
For more details on this exciting opportunity, please contact Michael Stevens by applying here online, or call (Apply online only)