|Job Ref:||204694353||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:45|
ACCOUNTS MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION COMPANY - BIRMINGHAM|
Support finance team and Financial Controller in all aspects of purchase ledger, sales ledger, sub-contract accounts and accounts.
* Assist finance controller and provide administrative and leadership support.
* Ensuring accuracy and self-checking of work.
* Support the department and working as a team.
* Reconciling financial accounts.
* Updating and maintaining spreadsheets.
* Knowledge and working within the Construction Industry Scheme.
* Awareness of VAT rates ensuring the correct rate has been applied due to new build housing VAT regulations.
* Collating and analysis of suggested payment reports in accordance with procedures.
* Undertake accurate payments by bacs in accordance with payment procedure.
* Good organisational skills and ability to work to and implement own processes
* Communicating with external companies and internal departments
* Relevant photocopying / filling of invoices when required. Ensuring files are maintained in line with current procedure.
* Other duties as reasonably required from time to time.
General education equivalent to AAT or recognised Accountancy qualification
Knowledge and experience
Knowledge of general accounts/ financial procedures
Understanding of Construction Industry Scheme
Experience in Purchase Ledger/ Reconciliation/ VAT/ BAC's payment/ Payroll
Experience in sales ledger
Experience in preparing management accounts
Skills and special aptitudes
Good understanding of Microsoft excel and computer literate
Work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Skill with numbers and strong mathematical ability
Ability to prioritise and learn quickly
Effective oral and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent organisational skills
Disposition and personal qualities
Focussed, motivated and ambitious
Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and discretion
Team player able to demonstrate leadership
Meticulous and methodical
Impartiality of judgment
Self-reliance and self-motivation
* £25,000 - £35,000
* Flexible additional benefits
Please submit all CV applications to (url removed) and we will contact you within 3 working days if your application has been successful.
Alternatively please call Lauren Gilbert on (Apply online only).
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an employment agency/business