|Job Ref:||204694602||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:45|
My client, a leading infrastructure group, is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join their team in Redhill.|
* Develops effective plans for management of key suppliers, including progress tracking and reporting
* Focuses on contract management of 'Strategic' &'Preferred' suppliers. Ensures effective communications in place to manage supplier meetings and follow up actions.
* Maintains and improves supplier approval process, ensuring it aligns with group plans to align all approval systems
* Review approved supplier numbers and work with colleagues and DUs to reduce to the necessary minimum over time.
* Liaise with Safety & Sustainability team and technical specialists as required
* Once new supplier management processes are in place, ensures a smooth handover from temporary Process & Systems Manager to enable these to be maintained and implemented efficiently
* Work to exceed expected quality standards, comply with processes at all times and contribute to improvements
* Pro-actively support the behavioural safety programme and the Sustainability 2020 Roadmap
* Contribute positively to the achievement of high performance across the team
* Ensures performance metrics gathered & reported e.g. (isupply or EVAL)
Skills and experience
* Basic understanding of legal frameworks and contract law
* Knowledge of Contract management processes Understands SLAs, KPIs and other ways to measure supplier performance
* Project management skills
* Negotiation skills (basic)
* Ability to use processes/ systems (e.g. COINS) Data analysis and reporting
* Studying for MCIPS or a Safety & Sustainability- related qualifications
* Experience in supply chain relationship management (whether supplier-side, buyer-side or other business relationships)
* Experience of managing supplier performance to agreed contract SLAs/ KPIs
* Has successfully run simultaneous projects
The ideal candidate will have a background in Rail, Construction or Engineering.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy