|Job Ref:||204694767||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£10/annum||Post Date:||27/09/2016 03:20|
Currently recruiting a for Store Person/Materials Controller at a new waste management site based in Milton Keynes. The role will be offered on a temp to perm basis for the right candidate. Pay: £10 per hour. 40hrs per week but the right candidate will be flexible during training but ideally a 8am-4pm role after training is completed. Will need full clean driving license & forklift license. Must be computer literate.
* To ensure parts are purchased at best available prices
* To issue required stock to technicians on request and in a timely manner
* Ensure the return of parts/items that are not required or incorrectly ordered
* Liaise with suppliers regarding delivery dates of ordered parts
* Regular checks on impress stock to ensure levels are not running low
* Ensure adequate levels of required non impress stock are kept at all times
* Keep the Stores in a good state of cleanliness and tidiness at all times
* Inform Technicians of any parts that have been delivered on their behalf
* Pack and send any items that need to be sent by Courier to ensure safe delivery
* Provide a high level of Customer Service
* Ensure sufficient levels of PPE are available in the Stores and ensure outgoing PPE is logged to the relevant person
* Carry out monthly Rolling Stock Checks
* Create Order Numbers for parts ordered and input data onto the system
* To provide Order Numbers to all Workshop staff on Contract
* To ensure data sheets are provided for all chemical substances and materials potentially hazardous to health
* Book in and out all technical parts and operators manuals on Document Control Log
* To collect any parts locally as and when required
* To comply with all Health and Safety legislation and safe systems of work implemented on site.
* Report all accidents, incidences and near misses through Amey's Airsweb System
Specific Role Responsibilities
* Accurately organise reconcile stock counts and maintain and manage stock.
* Continually review stock control processes with particular focus on cost reduction.
* Conduct obsolescence reviews annually.
* Manage stock rotation and perishable goods.
* GCSE in Maths and English
* Fork Lift Truck Licence
* Clean Drivers Licence
* Excellent computer skills with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
* Robust organisational skills
* A high attention to detail with strong analytical abilities
* Good oral and written communication
* Ability to complete manual handling tasks
* Proven experience in a Stock/ Inventory Control role or related experience in a fast paced environment is essential.
* Experience in using Business Intelligence Software applications such as SAP however training will be provided.
* Team player
* Self motivated
* Ability to use own initiative
* Ability to forecast and forward plan
* Quality conscious
* Parts supply chain and understanding of suppliers available
* COSHH awareness Tool Box talk
* Manual Handling
Role Specific Requirements
* Manage Min/Max levels in stores.
* Carry out tendering as required.
Apply online or contact Ben Palmer - (Apply online only)