|Job Ref:||204695993||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Warwickshire||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£20.00 - £35.00/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:37|
Architect - Contract |
Our client is a market leading engineering and design consultancy that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments. They provide integrated solutions for clients across the energy, life sciences and manufacturing, nuclear, public, transport and utility services sectors. Due to increasing workload they are looking for a talented Architect, responsible for directing, coordinating, and exercising functional authority for planning, organisation, control, integration, and completion of assigned projects.
* Provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different buildings and elements.
* Work to own initiative and required to supervise team members including Technicians, Graduates and trainees. Supporting professional development accordingly.
* Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief in a lead capacity to small and medium sized projects
* You will interact with various internal and external contacts and take responsibility for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
* Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects on assigned projects
* Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to Architectural design, sustainability and specification.
* Review and approve technical design phases of projects. Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
* Create designs and highly detailed drawings and design solutions both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
* Liaise with the customer, project end-users and other construction professionals about the feasibility of a proposed project, including any constraining factors such as planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
* Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
* Make sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
* Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
* Interact and negotiate with customer project representatives
* Maintain regular contact with all assigned project customers, including the best possible development of personal relationships
* Take responsibility for project and multi-disciplined design team management as lead architect. Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
* Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations. Represent MSPS in external project technical meetings if required
* Attend in-house design courses and seminars and feedback to the rest of the department if required.
* Keep up to date with design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques
Qualifications and training
* Degree in Architecture leading to RIBA chartered membership
* Full UK Driving Licence
Technical skills and experience
* Proven track record in the delivery of architectural design, in particular on-site experience within the transportation/infrastructure sector
* Fully conversant with the procedures adopted within the rail industry including;
-Presentation of designs to asset engineers for appropriate sign off
-Design guidelines - red materials for specification purposes
-Project processes and gateway review procedures
-CAD standards and document issue process
* Excellent design and technical detailing ability and competent drafting skills in the following;
-Good freehand sketching ability
-AutoCAD / AutoCAD ADT or Revit
-3D drawing production
-Micro-station V8 preferred
-NBS specification writer
-MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* High levels of creativity, imagination, vision and enthusiasm to produce distinctive architectural solutions
* A good knowledge in the production of technical specifications and the ability to use NBS Building and Create.
* Good knowledge and understanding of traditional sustainable building materials.
* Knowledge of CDM regulations
If you think you fit the job description and would like to find out more, please contact me on (Apply online only) or apply