|Job Ref:||204695479||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Central London||Address:||Salary:||£280 - £330/day||Post Date:||27/09/2016 03:20|
Our client is a main contractor requiring no introduction. With projects in the Retail, Education, Public, Commercial and Residential sectors. Together we are actively looking for a Design Coordinator to work projects up to £50m in value.|
As Design Coordinator/Design Manager the candidate will be supporting the Design Manager and liaising with preconstruction teams. You will act as Number 2, and work with the Design Manager and Project Manager.
- Coordination of all design issues on site, reporting to a Design Manager
- Attending design team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEM etc.
- Working within the Design team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
- Sales meetings with clients in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforce rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Assist the design team in the preparation of conceptual drawings.
- Assist the design team in the preparation and checking of detailed shop drawing in ACAD.
- Assist the design team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
- Present the project design and quotation to client and ensure order conversion.
- Ensure that the design team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
- Ensure that the design team coordinate and follow-up with estimation, coordination, and site installation managers.
- Attend site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensure that the design team maintain and up-date drawing and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
- BSc in Construction Management or a design related subject
- Construction Design experience.
- Main contractor experience
Our client are offering fantastic career progression, competitive salaries and interesting / stable work, to apply for this role send your CV to James Di Angelo at UKL Group