|Job Ref:||204693889||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:39|
Our client is a large civil engineering main contractor and a major presence within the industry. As a result of a major project award, the Contractor is looking to take on an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor on a £50m design and build, major Civil Engineering project. |
This will involve highway/road infrastructure, rail, RC structures, and earth retaining structures, foundations, structural steelwork, demolition, drainage, earthwork, bridges and water mains.
As Managing Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Oversee the running of a team of surveyors
- Complete settlement of final accounts with suppliers and sub-contractors, P&L Reports and evaluate delay and disruption claims
- Have a forensic approach to reconciling costs and maximising value
- Coordinate change control and risk processes including identifying, raising and pricing early warnings in line with the change control and customer sign off process
- Ensure contractual entitlement and adherence to contractual timescales
- Ensure all subcontract issues are resolved, deferring to the Commercial Manager where appropriate
- Provide commercial and contractual support to clients
- Offer support and training to less experienced members of the team
Our client is looking for someone with:
- A degree or similar technical qualification within civil engineering
- Good knowledge and proven experience within the industry
- Good management skills and a track record of delivering results
-Company Car/Car Allowance
-And other benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Martin Williams. The reference for this vacancy is 126297.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client