|Job Ref:||204693630||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hounslow||Address:||Post Code:||TW3||Salary:||£21.64 - £24.09/hour||Post Date:||27/09/2016 03:21|
This role for a Project Manager (Construction & Investment) has been released on a temporary basis for 3 months initially.|
* To lead a range of capital investment schemes from inception through to completion working within an agreed framework in conjunction with partnering contractors, external contractors and in-house contractors.
* To contribute to the selection of consultants and contractors for capital investment schemes, providing a full professional brief detailing initial survey & budget costings to enable their engagement.
* To administer investment contracts covering properties managed by the Council, monitoring schemes to ensure compliance with standing orders and required delivery schedules. Undertake surveys, preparing drawings, specifications and estimates.
* To manage, advise and supervise building surveying personnel, consultants and contracted staff on all aspects of building project work.
* To develop and interpret briefs, feasibilities, option appraisals and budget estimates for work to be carried out ensuring continued liaison and supervision throughout contracts.
* To provide all necessary information to Leasehold Services for consultation about rechargeable works to leasehold properties, ensuring works are not confirmed until consultation has been completed.
* To maintain effective financial control of all contracts. This includes carrying out post contract services such as monthly valuations, site measurement, variations and preparing agreement of final accounts.
* To participate in the investment appraisal process for Council stock including analysing and assessing needs, evaluating options and recommending appropriate solutions including calculation of indicative costs.
* To provide technical advice and assistance to other Council departments, external consultants and contractors as required.
* Act as planning supervisor for medium, large and complex projects and to ensure that all responsibilities are met in respect of CDM requirements.
* Attending pre-contract consultation meetings with residents preparing details of proposed schemes, whether designed in-house or by external consultants.
* Contribute to the compilation and maintenance of comprehensive stock condition data for the Councils housing stock
* To attend regular liaison meetings with the capital monitoring group making regular reports as required to Resident Services on the progress and programming of capital works and estimated cash flows.
You should match the following criteria:
* Experience of successfully managing a range of capital and investment projects in a public service or social housing type environment.
* Knowledge of partnering contracts, service level agreements, pricing approaches including schedules of rates, target pricing and open book costing.
* Knowledge of housing construction and health and safety legislation.
* Excellent project planning and project management skills
* Knowledge of a range of procurement approaches
* Knowledge of Egan principles and partnering understanding principles.
* Substantial experience of repairs and maintenance planning and including working with a DLO and managing deployment to multiple remote sights.
* An understanding of housing repairs legislation and construction legislation.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website