|Job Ref:||204692469||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£0 - £20000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:06|
Job Title: Head of Grounds Maintenance & Services|
Our client is a memorial park and remembrance garden based in Abingdon. Due to their commitment to delivering excellence they are now looking to acquire the services of a Head of Grounds Maintenance to work within their grounds. This is a wonderful opportunity, with the chance to make a huge difference and lasting memory with families on the premises. This position would be ideal for somebody looking to make the next step in their career.
* Maintenance of shrubs, planting, pruning, grass cutting, dead heading, edging and floral displays
* General grounds maintenance including laying turf, creation of memorial areas, site preparation and construction.
* Routine general up-keep of machinery and arranging quotes for periodical servicing of equipment
* Assisting with Chapel Attendant duties including preparation of the service chapel, cloister and flower room
* Attend services to direct funeral directors, mourners and member if the public
* Operate the cremators and ancillary equipment
* Shouldering a coffin as part of a 4 person team during services
* Administration duties on occasion
Key Skills & Experience:
* Some landscaping/gardening experience
* Moderate IT skills
* Moderate administration abilities
* Compassionate and caring nature
* Strong communication skills
* Fine attention to detail
* Ability to successfully multitask
* Understand the need to work in a professional manner at all times
This position is full time with the standard week being 40 hours. The core hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm however, you will need to be flexible and to operate as a team when assisting with services.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Hannah on (Apply online only) for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role