|Job Ref:||204692225||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:38|
The landscape Foreman is responsible for the installation and management of landscape projects (hard and soft landscape). The Foreman is responsible for completing landscape installations with precision and business minded efficiency.|
Role and Responsibilities
1. Supervises and manages a landscape team.
- All site staff arrive on time and leave on time.
- All site staff are correctly dressed, ie Wearing Company uniform.
- All site staff are aware of their duties for the following day and are prepared the night before.
- Ensure general staff discipline is adhered to.
- All site staff correctly complete their timesheets and checked for accuracy.
- Report any issues relating to the above to the office/Supervisor.
2. Able to read and understand contract/architects drawings to ensure construction is completed in line with specification and to standard.
3. Ensures that all landscape installation work is completed in accordance with agreed contract with the client.
4. Ensures that all landscape installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards.
5. Understands financial aspects of each job assignment.
6. Ensures that each team member is trained appropriately for each designated job assignment.
7. Ensures that all Health & Safety rules and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
8. Participates in and conducts all job site safety briefings with team members.
9. Ensures that operations are carried out in line with Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
10. Carries out Tool Box Talks appropriate to each job and records all talks completed. TBT records to be submitted to H&S Manager.
11. Ensures that all team members utilise all required personal protective equipment.
12. Carries out health surveillance and reports findings to H&S Manager.
13. Ensures First Aid Kits are replenished as required.
14. Understands and instructs team members on job site security procedures.
15. Ensures equipment is correctly operated and maintained.
16. Designated vehicle is kept clean inside and out and maintenance checks are carried out in accordance with manufacturers warranties etc., ie oil, water, batteries, tyre pressure etc.
17. All vehicles are checked regularly for damage (including trailers) and that the appropriate action is taken, ie office notified immediately.
18. Any theft of vehicles/trailers/tools/materials to be notified to office immediately.
19. Equipment & materials are stored tidily in correct/designated locations.
20. Equipment is correctly operated/maintained.
21. That all site staff have a full set of tools.
22. That correct procedures are followed for stock in/out for all items removed.
23. To ensure that the equipment logbook is filled out whenever an item is taken to site and that the item is checked on its return.
24. Ensures that delivery of materials are checked and discrepancies in quantity and quality are reported to Contract Manager/Buyer. (Delivery tickets to be signed unchecked and submitted to office).
25. Interact/liaises with clients in order to help ensure client satisfaction.
26. Ensure Quality Assurance procedures (ISO 9001:2008) are adhered to.
27. Participates in all safety training sessions offered and improves job safety skills.
28. Ensures timesheets are recorded accurately and submitted on time.
29. Leads by example.
30. This is a non-exhaustive list and will be subject to development.
The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
• Practical experience within the landscape construction industry.
• Supervisory experience.
• Appropriate CSCS/CPCS competency qualifications.
• A formal qualification in horticulture (preferred).
• Full current driving licence.
• Experience in setting out by dimensions/coordinates.
• Understanding of buried services avoidance including CAT scan and ability to read service drawings. Valid CAT scan certificate an advantage or training will be required.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational, communication and planning skills.
• Experience of supervising teams and coordinating the work of others.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Professional appearance.
• Results driven.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions