|Job Ref:||204692058||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Benefits package||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:46|
Our Client is a leading international infrastructure group. They finance, develop, build and maintain innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins daily life, supports communities and enables economic growth. They provide the essential infrastructure assets societies need to function, develop and thrive. Their teams operate across the full infrastructure lifecycle: finance, design and project manage, develop and construct, operate and maintain assets.|
They are one of the leading rail infrastructure suppliers in the UK. From feasibility studies, planning and design through to implementation and asset management, they provide multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure services across the lifecycle of rail assets. Their expertise covers electrification, track, power, signalling, civils, specialist rail plant, railway systems and technologies.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a General Foreman to join the Major Projects team to work on a multi-million pound Crossrail project in London. This position will be overseeing the work package on site, involving both new bridge / station construction works and complex civil engineering works.
• Inputting into the production of Work Package Plans and Risk Assessments
• Providing suggestions and recommendations for Temporary Works solutions
• Identifying future requirements for setting out and communicate to Section Engineer
• Carrying out Independent Inspections of their own section and of others
• Ensuring that the workforce/Gangers have sufficient and correct information in terms of specification, workmanship and finish
• Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
• Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
• Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
• Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
• Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
• Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a strong site supervisory background within high value construction / infrastructure / civil engineering projects. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression