|Job Ref:||204691987||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum Benefits package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:38|
Our client's Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services. Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, they build close, collaborative relationships with clients. Their teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.|
Their water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, they employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, they work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. They work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Multi-Utilities Division in the West Midlands. The purpose of the role is to ensure commercial and contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specified project or range of projects, particular within the Gas & Water sectors. You will support and challenge operations and drive efficiencies, reduce actual costs and maximise gain share for business.
• Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
• Work in conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
• Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
• Work with other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
• Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
• Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
• Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
• The ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects
• Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a strong commercial background and demonstrable experience within either construction, infrastructure or multi-utilities sectors. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful
candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality