|Job Ref:||204690628||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum 5 Weeks Holiday, Pension||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:38|
Estimator / Quantity Surveyor |
Salary: c. £50,000 per annum
A well established, high end shop fitting business seeks an Estimator with experience in QS functions to work across multiple shop fitting contracts from £50k-£350k in value. The business enjoys long term relationships with national retail chains including coffee, fast food, cycling and wines. This mature and supportive business enjoys an open and collaborative culture where employees are driven to contribute to a team ethic with the ability to manage their own workloads and be recognised for it. As such, the Estimator can expect a generous salary of c£50,000 per annum with the role.
It is essential that you are able to display a good track record within estimating and QS functions, and experience of shop fitting will be highly advantageous; other backgrounds of interest may include high end carpentry and fit-out works. This role will be largely office based, with some travel to sites necessary and expensed at 45p per mile.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for both pre-program development, live project variations and completion, taking responsibility for producing accurate take-offs and variation pricing. You will need strong IT skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and if you have used bespoke estimating software this will be a distinct advantage.
* Estimating for high-spec shop fitting projects
* Liaising closely with Commercial Director, site based delivery teams and other internal stakeholders
* Working on tenders to a high degree of accuracy and to appropriate timescales, ensuring profit margin is maximised
* Experienced Estimator with the an awareness and ability within QS functions
* Working knowledge of retail construction market
* Excellent ability with Excel Spreadsheets
* Experience with estimating software (advantageous)
* Strong communication skills, particularly in your ability to chair handover meetings and work confidently with clients and colleagues at all levels
* If you have previous experience working for a shop fitting contractor this will be an advantage
Please apply or if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Rob Elford at ARV Solutions on (Apply online only) or (Apply online only) for a confidential discussion about this role.
Key skills: Estimator, Quantity Surveyor, QS, shopfitting, retail interiors