|Job Ref:||204693993||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rochdale||Address:||Post Code:||OL16||Salary:||£34000 - £40000/annum Pension, 25 days leave + other ben||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:48|
Working as an integral part of the Network & Infrastructure team, you will be part of a team that are responsible for managing, maintaining and improving the critical network infrastructure and processes that underpin Zen's consumer and business products.|
We are in the process of creating a new first class Network Operations Centre within Zen and as such, you will be joining at a great time to help influence and shape its set up.
The Network Operation Centre (NOC) is responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for Zen's extensive UK National Network. You will have commercial experience working as a Senior NOC Engineer, but it's more important that you have the aptitude and demonstrable skills needed to fulfill this role, whilst at the same time, help less experienced members of the team to develop their skills and confidence from a coaching and mentoring perspective.
The ability to liaise, communicate and support the other business divisions is essential. You will be required to frequently interact with Technical Support, Managed Support, Service Provisioning, Sales teams and 3rd party suppliers and so it is vitally important that you are able to communicate ideas and information to people from a non-technical background.
Importantly, as a Senior NOC Engineer, you must develop a solid understanding of Zen's products and processes. You must be keen to learn, and able to use your experience and initiative to tackle a broad range of problems and contribute to the growing success of Zen.
With this in mind, and as part of your induction, you will spend some time within our Network Engineering Team, which will help you to gain a vital understanding of the Network and supporting Infrastructure, which in turn, will help you carry out your role more effectively.
The nature of our business means you will be required to be part of a rota providing 24x7 support for our key services as well as covering both planned (maintenance) and unplanned outages as required.
Working within an ITIL based framework the Senior NOC Engineer will ensure network and systems availability and performance, whilst supporting and monitoring key customer agreed KPI's and SLAs.
You will be part of a wider engineering team managing a variety of engineering and technology based projects covering connectivity, security, network expansion, hosting and cloud solutions.
- Monitor and maintain the stability and reliability of network services (e.g. access products, service networks and core network)
- Day-to-day network and performance monitoring of the UK national network.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Trouble ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations.
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
- Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes.
-Installation of network hardware and software.
- Provide 3rd level support to the wider business divisions on singleton faults
- Provide incident response and management during periods of network or service failures.
- Produce and maintain project documentation in line with our project processes
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in an ISP, Telecoms or other Managed Services environment, preferably operating in an ITIL based framework.
- Experience of working on network equipment in an ISP environment, a large NOC or other such company associated with networking.
- CCNA or JNCIA certified or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Basic understanding of the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP); IP filtering and firewalling; Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF); Ethernet (VLANs).
- Experience with Juniper, Foundry / Brocade, Cisco, Adva or Ericsson (Redback) would be ideal
- Familiar working in a Data Centre environment.
- Basic Linux/UNIX skills ideal but not essential.
- Able to work under pressure and manage customer expectations (e.g. during fault situations).
- Able to confidently, and effectively, manage supplier escalations.
- Able to analyse problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery.
- Capable of prioritising and managing own workload.
- Capable of working/using own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge and help others develop