|Job Ref:||204690489||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£35000 - £41000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:48|
We are looking for an experienced structural engineer to join a team working in the Telecom infrastructure industry. The ideal candidate will be educated to HND or degree Level in Civil/Structural Engineering. The candidate will be proficient in AutoCAD. The candidate will be capable of taking over various work streams and managing a small team engaged in surveying and the production of drawings for site planning and design. This role is based in Solihull but will also involve travel to site to carryout surveys and site inspection.|
Working as part of small multi-skilled technical team, you will be responsible for undertaking all technical aspects of the preparation of Civil and Structural documentation and delivery of design packages and implementation designs for masts and towers within the Telecommunications infrastructure.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
* The survey and design of the civil and structural aspects for telecoms systems, for implementation onto UK mainline rail and metro infrastructure.
* The verification of designs against all contractual requirements.
* The production of material and equipment lists to support subsequent build phases.
A Candidate must have a technical understanding of:
* Concrete and structural steel base design
* Concrete base design including reinforcement schedules for towers
* Structural analysis and reporting for all built environment and materials for railway and constructive industries applications
* You will have previously carried out a technical support or design assistant role within a telco, construction, utilities or ADC supplier environment.
* You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with stakeholders