|Job Ref:||204695996||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Euston||Address:||Post Code:||IP24||Salary:||£39500/annum Excellent Benefits Package||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
An established vocational College seeks an IT Operations and Service Manager on a 1-year, fixed term contract with a high likelihood of extension.|
As an experienced IT Operations and Service Manager, you will provide support across the College for all IT and services. You'll be responsible for introducing efficiency gains and you'll help to drive down the cost of operation overall.
The successful IT Operations and Service Manager will require strong commercial acumen and good technical skills, but you'll also forge strong relationships with IT colleagues, the wider business and third party service providers as you develop into this role.
It's an interesting time to be joining the College as it undertakes a significant Change and Transformation process. The digital transformation is a pervasive part of this project and as the IT Operations and Service Manager you'll be very much involved with this.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Keep abreast of all processes ad policies related to the Change and Transformation Projects, working with Project Managers, Architecture or Delivery as necessary.
• Working with the Digital Transformation team to ensure that projects are transitioned successfully into IT Operations with no down time or duplication in services.
• Helping to ensure all relevant risks, such as information security, product stability and disaster Recovery are documented, updated and managed in the agreed business continuity plan.
• Assist with benchmarking of 3rd Party services and supporting procurement designed to deliver improved services whilst driving down costs.
• Supporting the ongoing management of outsourced Service Providers ensuring that services are in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) covering Service Desk, Incident and Problem Management and Event Management.
• Implementing best practice for resolving incidents and problems
• Supporting the Head of IT Operations and Service Management as needed and deputising in their absence.
Skills, Experience or qualifications needed:
• Experience of IT Change and Transformation projects
• Experience of Managing Outsourced IT Service Management Contract of £250K+ per annum
• Experience of IT Service Management from Services Strategy though to Continual Service Improvement.
• Experience of implementing and maintaining ITIL best Practices
• 3 years+ experience managing or supporting the development of a Technical Service / Help Desk function
• ITIL Foundation qualification
• Computer Science Degree, other numerate degree is desirable, but experience counts too!
• Salary £39,500 based on a 1-year fixed term contract
• Excellent Benefits package
• Location Close to Kings Cross and Euston main Line Stations
ITIL, Service Management, IT Operations, IT Manager, SLAs, Service Desk, Help Desk, London, Kings Cross, Euston