|Job Ref:||204695911||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cardington||Address:||Post Code:||MK44||Salary:||£47000 - £52000/annum + Bonus + Benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Network & Security Consultant - Based in Bedford|
Permanent role paying up to £52,000 per annum + £7,000 bonus paid quarterly and a car (value £6,900) plus fantastic benefits
F5, Check Point and Cisco firewalls, technical Documentation (HLD/DLD) Security skills, PCI DSS experience
To represent the Network & Security Team at a Senior Technical Level and to be responsible for the design, implementation and support of company and customer systems and solutions based on the Network and security platforms. This is to include; Disaster Recovery, providing support to customers and client personnel as part of contracted managed service contracts and supporting Sales, Client Services, Solution Architect and Project Management teams.
• To represent the Network & Security Team as Technical Owners at a senior level, taking responsibility for pre-sales prospects and post-sales projects as part of the technical ownership and sign off in conjunction with Solution Architects and Project Managers.
• To take ownership of prospects involving Network & Security Solutions as a Technical Owner.
• To visit customer sites as required by the sales team or solution architects for pre-sales technical reviews and scoping meetings.
• Designing and implementing solutions based on Scoping Documents and Information based on Network & Security platforms in the form of High Level and Low Level Designs.
• Design, implement and support internal systems based on Network and Security platforms.
• Design, implement and support the Disaster Recovery process for internal network based systems.
• To provide assistance and support to customers and client personnel as part of the services covered by Network and Security service contracts.
• Provide support, guidance and assistance to internal and external personnel in the use of Network and Security technology and connectivity solutions.
• Provide out of hours on call support for Network & Security support for contracted services & software support 24/7 on a rota basis.
• Attend customer meetings and provide Network & Security technical solutions to deliver contracted services.
• Maintain currency with design & best practice enhancements and emerging technologies.
• Supporting Client Services in pre-sales customer facing activities, providing high quality technical design and proposal documentation.
• Resolving support calls and attending customer sites as appropriate.
• Provide 3rd level support to all contracted services customers.
• To undertake training as discussed and agreed in order to ensure up to date knowledge for Cisco and Checkpoint Support is maintained.
• Assist Client Services with provision of knowledge and/or documentation in support of contracted services.
• Undertake other related tasks as requested by the Network & Security Technical Lead.
Skills & Attributes:
Must have practical experience of the following:
• Cisco CCNP/CCDP/CCNP Data Centre Certified
• Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE certified
• Routing technologies (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF) including VRF
• Switching technologies (VPC, Spanning Tree, Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K. Catalyst 6500 & 4500 series Switches)
• Load balancing technologies
• Proven track record of supporting WAN/LAN based network services
• Experience of network security & firewalls (CISCO & Checkpoint products)
• Extensive knowledge & use of Microsoft applications (inc. VISIO)
• Experience of using network management & diagnostic tools
• Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump.
• Maintain current market knowledge
• Good knowledge and experienced in the use of standard MS Office applications
• Ability to produce technical documents & procedures
• Direct & coordinate activities necessary for technical development
• Ability to lead and motivate other members of the team
• Identify personal development / training for team
• Mentoring of team members, ability to assist/train staff
• Excellent problem determination, analytical and resolution skills
• Transformation & automation of repetitive tasks
• Excellent communication skills internally & externally
• Ability to demonstrate initiative
• Excellent customer facing skills (professional & confident) being able to converse with customers at all levels and to produce and conduct presentations as required
• Supporting team members
• Able to knowledge share within team
• Flexible & Adaptable
• Takes ownership
• Good decision maker
• Time management skills
• Willingness to work unsociable hours
• Be aware & adopt inter-related technologies
• Maintain currency with emerging technologies