|Job Ref:||204695902||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£80 - £120/day||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:49|
Contract IT Support Technician|
Rate: £80 - £120 per day
Location: Southampton, SO19
Skills: IT Support. Helpdesk. Service Desk. 1st Line. Support Technician. Hardware. Software. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN's, Networking. Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy. MS, Microsoft Office, Office365. PC, Laptop, Desktop.
The Contract 1st Line Support Technician:
Is working for an incredibly successful national organisation within the learning sector. They are one of the largest and fastest growing multi-site organisations in the UK. The Contract IT Support Engineer is responsible for providing 1st line hardware and software support, incident management, call logging, asset management, general IT administrative and other IT facility services for a large site within the education sector.
The client operates a fantastic working environment; they have multiple sites across the UK, can offer excellent career progression and benefits, and are looking for self-starters, who are proactive and hard-working, with experience in a similar role.
The IT Site Leader / IT Team Leader / Manager Duties:
• To respond and resolve requests for IT Support, and be the first point of contact for all technical queries.
• To provide 1st line service desk / helpdesk support for customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems via the phone and via email.
• Escalate calls where needed to the 2nd line team.
• Manage your own incident call queue using OCMS call manager system in line with SLA's.
• Administration of user accounts, reset password, assign permissions and manage Group Policies using Active Directory.
• Administration of the Cisco telephony system, currently Cisco Call Manager and Zeacom.
• Managing email accounts through Exchange and Office365.
• Troubleshooting PC's and laptop using Windows 7, XP and MS Office 2007 and 2010 applications.
• Installing software and troubleshooting.
The Contract IT Support / 1st Line / Helpdesk / Service Desk Support Technician Will Have:
• Will have a technical background and similar experience in a similar role
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 and Office applications.
• Good understanding of computer hardware and troubleshooting hardware problems
• Basic understanding of networking - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and VPN's.
• Basic knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2 / 2012.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a hugely successful enterprise level organisation, please contact us today!
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
Skills: IT Support. Helpdesk. Service Desk. 1st Line. Support Technician. Hardware. Software. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN's, Networking. Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy. MS, Microsoft Office, Office365. PC, Laptop, Desktop