|Job Ref:||204695676||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£60000 - £500000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Senior Java Developer / Systems Analyst - Development & project support combination.|
(Java / UML / Application Servers / OOAD / SOA / Spring / XML, GWT, etc). This award-winning Financial software vendor is seeking to appoint a senior java developer / systems analyst to their busy UK delivery team.
Senior Java Developer / Systems Analyst - Presentations:
Part of this role will include client presentations; therefore, in addition to the technical aspects required, the successful applicant must be highly articulate and possess excellent presentation skills.
Senior Java Developer / Systems Analyst - the role:
This hybrid role is a 50/50 blend of development / coding and project and client implementation support work. As a systems analyst you will be working alongside technical managers, project managers, systems analysts and business analysts (and liaising with technical analysts and architects from the client side).
Duties cover: technical services to product development, customer support, pre-sales support, documentation work, and release management through in-depth knowledge of the applications, code development, system design, operating system design and software applications.
The client is keen to secure systems analysts who have strong Java experience but who are versatile and can work across various areas, be it the back-end or front-end, guys who understand databases and the fundamentals of how software systems work and how they hang together. You will need good creativity and problem solving abilities, and have an understanding of more than just frameworks.
Senior Java Developer / Systems Analyst - the Candidate:
* Strong Web and application development using Java EE
* Strong Spring and Hibernate experience
* Strong SOA and Webservices (SOAP and REST)
* Good web security experience
* Experience in some of: JUnit/TDD, GWT, AJAX
* Good knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, XML and associated processing technologies
* Object Oriented design environment
* Design methodologies (UML, Component Design Tools, etc.) and in a TDD environment.
* Unix Shell Scripting skills
* Working knowledge of Linux
* Knowledge of Application servers such as Jboss / WebSphere / Weblogic
* In depth relational data model knowledge
* Experience in UNIX & Windows Server.
* Experience in: writing technical designs and functional designs; business process re-engineering
The client requires a senior Java developer / systems analyst / (perhaps technical architect) with experience in the areas listed above; people who have a good track-record in helping implement complex, web-based software systems with clients. You should be able to write technical and functional designs with experience of BPR - business process reengineering.
All-in-all this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing environment; a company that offers a professional and fast-paced, technology-rich working environment. Benefits include a good pension scheme and health cover. Services advertised by Dupen are those of an Agency