|Job Ref:||204695424||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£18000 - £22000/annum||Post Date:||27/09/2016 03:43|
Convergence Group has an exciting opportunity for a First Line Engineer to join the team based in Solihull. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £18,000 - £22,000 per annum. |
First Line Engineer - Job Role
To provide a single point of contact for our customers to report network faults to Convergence Group. The Service Desk provides support 24 x 7 x 365 across the entire client base whilst delivering an excellent customer service experience. The role is a key position within the organisation and will be instrumental in building customer relationships, delivery of Services and customer retention.
Accountabilities as our First Line Engineer
- Deliver an industry leading customer service to our client base always striving to deliver excellent Customer service. Providing 24/7/365 technical support for our customer base.
- Respond to customer incidents and requests raised by telephone, email and SolarWinds in a timely manner providing regular updates on progress and manage the customers' expectations.
- Respond within the incident response time, prioritising work according to severity and using verbal communication as the your main communication tool.
- Complete full diagnostics once the ticket is logged, within the set KPI's, before passing this to the next team.
- Ensuring faults are escalated and resolved within the customer contracted Service Level.
- Pro-actively monitor customer networks via Convergence Groups internal monitoring system, investigating, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Incident management and technical resolution of 1st line network related faults and timely escalation to 2nd line when required.
- Manage Supplier escalations, logging faults with 3rd party suppliers and proactively managing them through to resolution.
- Maintaining and updating the fault management systems throughout the Incident lifecycle.
- Engage and proactively feedback on system and process improvement.
- Provide the customer with a key contact during the incident lifecycle.
- Previous work experience within a busy customer service centre ideally in a Telecoms, Data Centre or Managed Service environment.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of working high pressure environments and dealing with pressurised situations.
- Previous experience within Installation or configuration of Cisco CPE devices.
- Exposure to OSS systems such as Solarwinds, CACTI, Nagios etc.
- Knowledge of Voice or Security services (Firewalls).
- Previous experience with CRMS systems such as Salesforce, Remedy etc.
Qualifications needed to become our First Line Engineer
- CCNA certified or working towards CCNA and able to demonstrate technical knowledge up to CCNA level
- Regulatory Knowledge
- Excellent understanding of the OSI layer model
Business Know How
- Able to translate technical information into non-technical customer friendly terminology, providing customers with absolute confidence in your technical ability.
- An ability to follow and improve procedures and processes.
- Analytical approach to problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Able to build Customer / Supplier relations and always striving to deliver excellent Customer service.
- Be an active member of the team contributing ideas and able to work self-sufficiently.
- Flexible approach and willing to complete field installation work as a support function to the field engineering team when required.
- An ability to follow and improve procedures and processes
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our First Line Engineer then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you