|Job Ref:||204695128||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||SW6||Address:||Salary:||£280/week||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company. Apply now!|
You will be working for...
A family run company, supplying and delivering IT equipment to students via the DSA. They also offer training in assistive technology, standard and specialist software and hardware for disabled computer users in education. The company also runs a website for use by assessors and disability support staff at Access Centres, Universities & Colleges in order to determine & cost equipment required by students who receive support under the Disabled Student Allowance. They deliver all over Great Britain but are especially busy in the London area. They offer excellent training and have offered all their apprentices a position with the company after the apprenticeship has finished. Also many of their former apprentices have moved on from the company, some to higher education and others to more responsible jobs which they were able to do because both the company and apprenticeship proactively provided them with an excellent grounding.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be...
- Preparing new computers for delivery (This will mainly consist of loading software and hardware onto computers and associated paperwork (Training in specialist software will be given)
- To deliver and set-up computer systems
- Providing initial basic training on the equipment and technology provided
- Delivering and installing ergonomic seating and accessories
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)
Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work flexibly and on their own initiative
- The ability to prioritise multiple tasks, work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels
- The willingness to work flexibly beyond normal working hours and undertake overtime when required to support the business
- 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
- The daily working hours are from 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday-Friday with occasional overtime to support the business needs
- After 6 months of full attendance, there will be a salary increase, subject to a performance review which will continue until the apprenticeship has been completed
- As an Apprentice, you will be working with the IT department and the Admin team. You will be given timed appointments for each student and the route planned beforehand
- A full driving licence would be an advantage as driving to and from customer sites is part of the daily role driving around London and surrounding areas (You do not have to own your own vehicle as a company van will be provided for work use only)
- A DBS check will be necessary at some point during your employment. This may be is the short term or the long term according to job progression
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
The company have had a number of former IT Apprentices both in Manchester and London that have gone on to secure a full time position on successful completion of the apprenticeship, with a new job tile and a pay rise.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Digital apprenticeship with QA and begin your Digital career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached