|Job Ref:||204694756||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tyne & Wear||Address:||Salary:||£134/week||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant school. Apply now!|
You will be working for...
A school, where our students enjoy their learning and the staff enjoy working with them. Our success is built on the foundation of strong relationships and an ethos of support that underpins all that we do.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be to...
- Man the IT Helpdesk as and when it is required
- Work with and assist the IT Technician to maintain and support software applications and support users in the use of IT and audio-visual equipment
- Assist with software application deployment across school computers
- Assist with the maintenance and updating of the school website
- Assist with the development of the school intranet including dashboards for staff and students
- Assist in installing / replacing / maintaining and organising repairs for computing and audio-visual hardware as part of routine maintenance
- Report to IT Manager and members of the IT Support team for management of workload and planned jobs
- Be active in researching new technologies that might be useful for staff/students and making recommendation or demonstrating to members of the IT Support team
- Take and organise photos for student ID cards
- Assist with desktop publishing and the production of displays for use throughout the school
- Attend various internal and external meetings related to this post including conferences, trade shows and presentations if required
- Support the maintenance and smooth running of the network
- Ensure that requests for support are dealt with in a prompt manner, ensuring that staff are kept informed of progress
- Help produce and maintain IT documentation as necessary
- Assist with the upkeep of the school IT inventory
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)
Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have:
- A keen interest in IT and be willing to learn
- Good communication skills and will be able to work on long term projects as well as day to day IT tasks
- 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
Daily working hours are from;
Mon - Thurs 8:30am - 4:30pm
Fri 8:30am - 4:00pm
This is a fixed term appointment from the commencement date or until the apprenticeship is completed.
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
We have supportive school environment and this apprenticeship will provide the opportunity to gain qualifications and experience. You may have the opportunity to apply for up and coming departmental vacancies.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached