|Job Ref:||204694674||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Durham||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
SENIOR ICT OFFICER|
A temporary vacancy for a Senior ICT Officer (Internal Applications) to assist the ICT Project Manager to provide ICT technical skills relevant to ICT application development and support. To work as part of a team and to provide customers and other ICT staff with relevant support, assistance and leadership. To start 10 October 2016 up to 10 March 2017.
• Development of improvements to service delivery in line with industry best practice and in support of best value objectives
• Application development using agreed development tools (including .NET framework and C#) and databases (including Oracle & SQL)
• Provide application maintenance and support for in-house applications
• Provide application support for third party applications where appropriate
• Database design, development and administration
• Developing and supporting system integration
• Data extracts, analysis and manipulation
• Contribute to periodic reviews of applications and procedures
• Contribute to projects and/or cross-team work groups in a structured project management environment and ensure deadlines are met
• Manage relationships with third party suppliers
• Work with customers to determine and fulfil business requirements
• Use appropriate techniques to analyse requirements and design effective solutions
• Work with other ICT staff to resolve ICT incidents and problems in an ITIL environment
• Produce and maintain user and technical documentation where appropriate
• Provide appropriate user training
• Manage system implementation, change management and deployment of releases/upgrades
• Perform monitoring and review of system performance and production of relevant reports and statistics
• Management of other staff within the team
• Represent the ICT Service when required at internal or external meetings
• Deputise for IT Internal Applications Manager when necessary
• Keep abreast of developments in ICT technology and practice and proactively promote changes to improve ICT service
• Evaluation and review of alternative products and services
• Develop and improve ICT skills
• Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant subject area.
• Proven responsibility in managing projects.
• Proven responsibility for providing solutions to technical or design problems in (url removed) Application development.
• SQL and Server DBA
• Experience in .Net software development in C# or VB for web and windows.
• Knowledge of Oracle or SQL Server Databases.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
Full Job and Person Profile available on application