|Job Ref:||204694388||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Orpington||Address:||Post Code:||BR6||Salary:||£175/week||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Do you prefer working and learning? Are you an individual with long time career prospects? If so apply now and start your career.|
You will be working for...
A leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. They provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry.
They are looking for someone to help ensure the IT service offered to our internal customers continues to develop in line with our values of Excellence, Ethics, Sustainability, Innovation, Respect and Investment.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will...
- Assist the Service Desk in the fulfilment of service requests from internal customers, the resolution of incidents and problems, preparing IT equipment for the use of internal customers
- Assist with the accurate maintenance of IT asset information
- Build laptops, Toughbooks, desktops and tablets in accordance with WW client image standards
- Build mobile phones, both smart and dumb, in accordance with WW client standards
- Maintain asset information in the ITSM tool used by Information Services
- Repair broken IT equipment so that it can be re-used
- Install ad hoc software on customer devices
- Assist with the management of Vodafone accounts and information
- Make enquiries to Vodafone to assist with tracking numbers and keeping data accurate
- Take deliveries of new stock to the Operations Centre
- Set up Tom Tom's for users
- Help customers who visit the Service Desk in person, to route their enquiry to the most appropriate Service Desk Engineer
- Reset and change customer passwords
- Set up customers with access to network folders or files
- Assist the "Bath Field" Service Desk Engineer in responding to issues
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course.
Who should apply...
- Someone with good communication/ telephone skills
- Someone who can work well alone as well as part of a team
- Someone who is prepared to provide the highest level of customer service with the ability to recognise and respond to urgent customer requests
- Someone with a flexible approach to work (be able to undertake other duties)
- Someone with a professional approach with a smart appearance
- Someone with an understanding of the importance of business continuity for our customer's e.g server down, no e-mail, no internet
- An individual who is able to follow instructions and is never afraid to ask for help
Successful candidate should ideally have 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached