|Job Ref:||204693741||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£350 - £450/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Linux infrastructure Engineer|
Overall Job Purpose
As a member of the Technical operations infrastructure team, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Linux based infrastructure is robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
Key Accountabilities & approximate
You will manage and support production and test systems to high levels of availability, performance and security at all times.
Work closely with Development, Problem and Service Improvement Teams ensuring that solutions are built to be highly available, scalable and supportable, taking ownership of issues and resolving problems.
In addition to developing and maintaining support documentation, you will be required to assist in deploying automation of operational processes and procedures, identify weaknesses and propose improvements to address and enhance the design.
You will always ensure best practice is followed in a commercial environment that supports high profile transactional web sites using industry standards.
Adhere to the Change Management process, including presenting change requests with sufficient clarity to allow the appropriate authority to understand the reason for the change, the associated risk, the ease of regression and the implications of making or not making the change.
* A proven track record of providing operational technical support to critical systems in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework.
* Strong Unix / Linux administration skills in a predominantly Redhat environment running mission critical enterprise software as a service with a disciplined 'service first' attitude.
* Extensive experience in administering, configuring and tuning
* Linux Kernel
* JBoss / Tomcat
* Strong scripting and programming using
* Experience supporting environments with large (>100) numbers of Servers.
* Extensive knowledge of Redhat Satellite, RHEL 4, 5, 6, TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
* Practical experience of monitoring applications.
* Demonstrable knowledge of network concepts, IP addressing / sub-netting, web and database applications.
* Relevant industry understanding, in particular operating in a PCI compliant environment.
* Experience with applying server hardening standards.
* Experience with systems operations automation e.g. Puppet
* ITIL foundation qualified with experience driving ITIL best practice.
* Extensive experience of Linux in a technical capacity within an operational environment, focusing on RHEL, JBOSS, Apache and related automation products.
* Redhat Certified Systems Administrator - RHCSA minimum
As part of this role you may be required to work outside of normal office hours including weekends, this could be in various data centre environments.
All technical operations engineers are required take part of out of hours support via an on call rota