|Job Ref:||204693471||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rochdale||Address:||Post Code:||OL16||Salary:||£41000 - £51000/annum Pension, 25 days leave + other ben||Post Date:||27/09/2016 03:43|
Having grown from a pioneering ISP 20 years ago, today Zen Internet is a multi-award-winning company that provides a full range of data, voice and cloud services to business and residential customers across the UK as well as being recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the UK.|
Following a period of success, growth, and winning the prestigious BCS and Computing UK IT Industry Award for 'Services Company of the Year', our Corporate & Mid-Market division has a new opportunity for a Senior Cloud and Hosting Engineer to join the team
This new role offers an exciting opportunity to work with leading edge Cloud technologies in the delivery of transformational client solutions across a broad range of technology platforms with a focus on automation. You'll take ownership and responsibility for planning and delivering complex multi-vendor technical solutions on time, with appropriate knowledge sharing and operational handover to support.
As a senior position the role also requires that you coach and assist other engineers providing technical leadership and guidance.
- Provide overall ownership and accountability for engineering work within projects.
- Write and approve technical implementation documentation.
- Contribute towards making deployments and configuration automated and repeatable.
- Ensure that new deployments are handed over to operational staff through effective knowledge sharing and documentation.
- Engage in delivering Professional Services both on-site and off-site with our customers.
- Contribute to the development of new platforms and services in conjunction with the Service Development team.
- Contribute to on-going continual improvement of existing services.
- Provide coaching, leadership and technical expertise for Operations & Engineering staff.
- Contribute to customer proposals in conjunction with the Solutions Architecture team.
- Develop and run detailed test plans.
- Provide 3rd line escalation for solution faults (Generally only required within working hours, but in exceptional circumstances support may be required out of hours).
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
-Extensive experience of working in a technical role within an IT Service Provider or Enterprise organisation
-Extensive experience of delivering complex technical deployments on time and with minimum disruption
-Extensive experience of knowledge sharing effectively with operational teams
-Extensive experience of effectively engaging and communicating with customers (internal or external) at a variety of levels
-Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft technologies:
*Windows Server 2008 / 2012 R2
In addition, a successful candidate must have extensive experience and knowledge working in one or more of the following technology areas:
NA: vCloud Director
NA Recovery and Backups: Veeam, Zerto
NA Web Services (AWS):
NA and Configuration Management