|Job Ref:||204693308||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£400 - £500/day||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Middleware Engineer (DevOps)|
Overall Job Purpose
As a member of the Technical Operations Team, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Middleware (JBOSS, Apache, & DevOps) based infrastructure is robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
You will manage and support production and test systems to high levels of availability, performance and security at all times.
Work closely with Development, Problem and Service Improvement Teams ensuring that solutions are built to be highly available, scalable and supportable, taking ownership of issues and resolving problems.
In addition to developing and maintaining support documentation, you will be required to assist in deploying automation of operational processes and procedures, identify weaknesses and propose improvements to address and enhance the design.
You will always ensure best practice is followed in a commercial environment that supports high profile transactional web sites using industry standards.
Adhere to the Change Management process, including presenting change requests with sufficient clarity to allow the appropriate authority to understand the reason for the change, the associated risk, the ease of regression and the implications of making or not making the change.
* Strong Unix / Linux administration skills in a predominantly Redhat, multiple tier, diverse site, 24 x 7, financial environment.
* Extensive experience in administering, configuring and tuning
* Red Hat Satellite 5 & 6
* Git & Jenkins
* JBoss EAP / Tomcat
* Strong scripting and programming using
* Experience supporting environments with large (>100) numbers of Servers
* Extensive knowledge of RHEL 4, 5, 6 & 7, TCP/IP, DNS & related security technologies e.g. SELinux, host-based firewalls, attack surface area reduction, etc.
* Practical experience of monitoring applications & handling and interpreting log data
* Experience with SFTP/FTPS
* Strong experience of VMware
* Experience with applying server hardening standards
* Must have excellent communications skills, ability to prioritise assignments as well as work on concurrent ones.
* The selected candidate must be able to work in fast paced environment and be available for out of hours working.
* Experience of certificate management / encryption
* Relevant industry understanding
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
* Creativity and Innovation
* Communication (verbal, written, and listening)
* Results and Achievement Orientation
* Ownership and Accountability
* Teamwork and Cooperation
There will be a requirement for the job holder to perform out of hour's activity as directed