|Job Ref:||204693231||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Support Engineer - Basingstoke|
Our client are looking for a Support Engineer to join there constantly expanding team. This opportunity will give you the chance to work for a leading provider of Global Marketing Services who work with a number of large well known big brands.
* 3+ years support experience
* Good knowledge of supporting Mac OS and Windows workstations.
* Good Apple Mac OSX and Windows IT troubleshooting skills
* Hardware troubleshooting Desktop/Laptop problems.
* Remote global user support.
* Good understanding of Windows Server, Citrix and Active Directory.
* Basic understanding of exchange email.
* Knowledge and understanding of backup and recovery methodologies.
* Basic knowledge of networks and routers/switches/firewalls.
* Basic understanding of IT security methods.
* Knowledge and understanding of Virus protection best practices and implementation.
* Knowledge of virtualisation structures and methodologies.
* Accurately record, manage and resolve calls, in a timely fashion, according to the agreed process.
* Liaise with customers ensuring they receive regular updates on the progress of their calls.
* Escalate major incidents to IT management quickly and clearly.
* Install, diagnose and solve hardware and software faults.
* Amendments to network security & access rights.
* Deskside support of PCs and Mac OSX.
* Completion of daily/weekly/monthly tasks.
* Seek support from and escalate calls to, senior engineers and IT Management as appropriate.
* Maintain the IT environment.
* Assist with the movement of IT equipment.
* Prioritise workload according to urgency and impact.
* Contribute to, and maintain the IT Knowledge Base.
* Contribute to ongoing service improvement within the department.
* Ensuring all Hardware is maintained and configured to IT standards with documentary evidence.
* To maintain an inventory of hardware, software and licensing to include maintenance costs and replacement timescales.
* Maintaining and developing a sound understanding of the IT Infrastructure to provide fault analysis to third parties.
* Support and test of Disaster recovery and business continuity tests.
* To provide basic guidance and training to all non-IT members of staff.
* Maintaining and documenting all backup and recovery procedures.
* Maintaining and updating accurate software licencing records.
* To be responsible for the daily running of system backups and the batch schedules.
* To provide out of hours support as required, via reaction to system alerts during out of hours system running.
* To escalate out of hours problems to either Head of Technical Services or Development Staff as required.
* Travel to other sites as and when required.
If you feel you have the right experience and skills for this role, please contact or contact (Apply online only)