|Job Ref:||204693093||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Petersfield||Address:||Post Code:||GU31||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Business Information Developer|
Are you a BI Developer looking for a new challenge with opportunity for growth and development? Moneybarn are currently looking to recruit a BI Developer to join our friendly and talented Development team. If you are looking to take the next step in your career and join a growing company that invests in its staff then this is the opportunity for you!
Moneybarn provides responsible vehicle finance to those who have been unable to obtain credit from mainstream lenders. We make responsible lending decisions and believe in treating customers fairly. Our team focuses on providing the highest standard of service and on achieving good customer outcomes. It is this view that has enabled our business to grow and to achieve a 98% positive feedback rating on Feefo.
We invest in the training and development of our employees and offer a friendly and approachable working environment. Our focus on establishing a leading and competent team and business structure helped us to win 'Sub Prime Lender of the Year', "Best Credit Team", and "Best Non-Standard Lender" Awards in 2016.
Reporting to the head of IT the of BI developer will join the in-house development team and be responsible for the design, development, testing, and delivering of solutions based on business requirements.
• Design and develop end-to-end solutions in Microsoft's Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) that support projects and enterprise level strategies
• Conduct research, provide facts, and make recommendations on Business Intelligence products, services, protocols, and standards
• Work with external suppliers to provide ETL solutions for receiving and posting data.
• Works within established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and naming conventions
• Gain a thorough understanding of the requirements and ensure the project plan includes tasks that address each of them
• Collaborate with team members to identify project risks, design mitigation plans, and development estimates
• Participate in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
• Perform root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
• Evaluate outcomes, report results and document findings according to current standards
• We are currently reviewing other report delivery tools such as Qlik View/Power BI and the incumbent would be involved in the review and selection of these tools
• Ensures work and product aligns with customer requirements
• Able to manage own time and provide guides to management of expected development timeframes.
Your Key Skills
• Demonstrable development experience with Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Integration Services (SSIS). Experience in Server Analysis Services (SSAS) is useful but not essential.
• Knowledge in fundamental concepts and practices of Business Intelligence, OLAP, data warehouse design, and predictive analytics (SAS Experience beneficial)
• Experience working with Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX) statements and functions to create complex calculations
• Effective oral and written communication skills, including ability to interpret user requirements and offer potential advancements.
• Our finance system has embedded Crystal reports so some experience with Crystal would be beneficial
• Educated to degree level in an IT related discipline and/or can show equivalent technical experience
• A familiarity with Agile Development concepts, or a willingness to learn.
Why Work for Moneybarn?
• Competitive salary dependent on experience
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Sick Pay at full pay 1-20 days, half pay between 21-40 days
• Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance 4 x your basic salary
• Long Term Disability Insurance (after 2 years' service)
• On-going Training and Professional Development
• Free to use gymnasium & keep fit classes (after induction)
• Weekly, fresh fruit supply provided by the business
• Free tea, coffee
• Free on-site parking
• Free to use Barney Bike (local use only)
Are you enthusiastic about this BI Developer role or keen to get some more information? Send us your CV and a cover letter today by clicking on the Apply button!
Please note that Moneybarn carry out both Financial Checks and Criminal Record Bureau Checks as part of the recruitment process for all roles.
Moneybarn is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Moneybarn to showcase our business as leaders in this field