|Job Ref:||204692647||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Bracknell Forest||Address:||Salary:||£12/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Web Support Engineer|
An opportunity has arisen to join the Second Line Web Support Team within a major defence contract.
This challenging position will require the successful candidate to provide day-to-day Internet and Intranet support to a user population in excess of 100,000 within a true enterprise scale environment.
This extremely varied opportunity will allow you to both utilise and build upon your existing IT Support Skills. The team operate in a highly proactive manner and continually seek to improve the service offered to our customer.
This is an environment where we encourage the team to innovate - if there is a better way of doing things then we will actively encourage individuals to explore and implement improved ways of working.
The scale of the solution that we support means that every day will be different as well as offering a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your Web Skillset within a continually evolving environment.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities
* Maintain the web server and associated sub system estate, including SharePoint, Meridio (EDRM), Search and Proxy Servers
* Provide break fix support for above
* Handle escalated incidents and provide assistance to Third line Web when required
* Investigate and resolve incidents within stipulated SLA
* Trouble shooting web page access issues
* Ensure core application like Java, Oracle & Flash are up to date
* Investigate website performance issues
* Liaison between IT partners, address issues with website owner & developers to avoid downtime
Skills - Mandatory
* Must be Security cleared, or willing to undergo the process
* Knowledge of Active Directory
* User account management
* Knowledge of common web technologies like SharePoint, ISA etc.
* Knowledge of logging with remote access to desktop/laptop
* Experience in Windows Server technologies
* HP Protect Tools
* Experience of supporting a virtualised environment
* Experience of large scale EDRMS solutions including Meridio
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Diversity Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy