|Job Ref:||204692089||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Central London||Address:||Salary:||£700 - £1250/day||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:50|
CV Submission Deadline: 28/09/2016 @ 10.00 am|
• The Maximum Pay Rate: £650 - £800. As this is a niche and a very senior role, the client is willing to pay up to £1250.00 per day subject to the evidence of suitability
Job Title: Technical Validation Work-stream Lead
Reporting to: Crown Marketplace Programme Manager
Background: Crown Commercial Service (CCS) brings together policy, advice and direct buying; providing commercial services to the public sector and saving money for the taxpayer through a single organisations. This enables us to make savings for customers in both central government and the wider public sector, achieve maximum value from every commercial relationship and improve the quality of service delivery for common goods and services across government.
The way government organisations use technology to deliver better services to citizens is changing and continues to challenge and stress the current way in which access is made to goods and services. CCS has a critical mission to increase its digital enablement so that it can delivery both effectively and efficiently. The ultimate aspiration is to move towards an integrated platform, which fully automates end-to-end processes, ideally storing data in one place.
In November 2015, the then Cabinet Office Minister Matthew Hancock formally announced the Crown Marketplace (CMp) initiative, describing it as a key enabler for a cost effective and efficient route to market, where CCS customers and buyers can be directed to the best deals and solutions for their needs.
The CMp is an online eMarketplace, which enables buyers and suppliers to collaborate and transact for the purchase of common goods or services through an online portal. Customer adoption of CMp will leverage new and existing supplier agreements to generate greater value for the taxpayer. CMp will enable a standardised, compliant and consistent route to market for both Central Government and Wider Public Sector.
Purpose: We are looking for an experienced Technical Validation Work-stream Lead to oversee the smooth deployment of technology projects for the Crown Marketplace Programme (CMp). The role will include the proactive management of risks and issues, lead the production of various programme documents, coordination of programme reporting and collation of inputs key to programme governance.
The Technical Validation Work-stream Lead will be accountable for the end to end delivery and deployment of catalogue solutions, portals, sign-on gateways, payment solutions as required by internal customers for the CMp
The work-stream lead will be required to work alongside customer and internal IT technical teams and 3rd party providers to ensure that the solutions are delivered on time and within budget. The work-stream lead must be able to operate with in a cross-functional programme structure.
You will provide a valuable source of intelligence in relation to the health of the constituent elements of the programme. You will:
• Provide advice about what decision the programme team / Steering Group need to take.
• Establish and maintain information interfaces between the CMp team and Digital Transformation Programme (DTP) and other CCS programmes.
• Track the success of the CMp and reporting progress against the plans.
• Own the master copies of all programme information, generating all necessary documentation, maintaining, controlling and updating programme documentation.
• Assist the Programme Manager with delivery within budget.
• Management of the risk and issue log ensuring mitigations are sufficient and escalating for resolution as required.
• Analysing interfaces and critical dependencies between projects and recommending appropriate actions to the Programme Manager.
• Maintain the list of customer stakeholders and their interests whilst delivering technical work-streams.
• Establishing consistent practices and standards across the programme governance arrangements, including programme planning, reporting and project change control.
• Provide a consultancy style service to the customers in-line with the CMp programme, ensuring common approach is adopted and sharing of best practice.
• Carrying out health checks and advising on solutions during the lifetime of the programme e.g facilitating workshops involving project teams, stakeholders and members of the wider programme team.
• Document of lessons learned throughout the life of the programme.
• Business case preparation for the Production Phase of the CMp programme.
Specialist Skills & Requirements
• Deep knowledge of ERP systems, Purchase Order processing, catalogue procurement solutions, portals and sign-on gateways.
• Consulting approach to project management.
• Use of software tools for reporting, analysing and communication of plans.
• Experienced at managing risks and issues across multiple projects.
• Working knowledge of techniques for assessing requests for change and procedures for managing them.
• A thorough understanding of programme management including benefits delivery, stakeholder management and change management.
• Proven management and leadership skills.
• Determined and persistent project driver and a strong team leader.
• Excellent presentational, oral and written communication skills.
• Able to negotiate effectively with stakeholders to ensure project needs are satisfied.
• Effective work-stream management.
• CCS is looking for a Senior Technical Expert to lead on the technology projects for the largest strategic programme within Central Government, which is the Crown Marketplace Programme.
• Applicant must be commercially focused with an expert knowledge and understanding of e-marketplace and ERP systems
• This is a very challenging role which not only involve test development but to ensure that future technologies align with GDS principles
• They require business process awareness to help shape business cases and project leading experience in a complex & similar organisation is crucial