|Job Ref:||204692045||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum company benefits||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:50|
Senior Technical Project Manager |
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK with a long standing history dating back almost 900 years. My client is a leading provider of healthcare infrastructure design, build and maintenance with a focus of providing innovative efficiency improvements within the trust. The organisation provides an ethical approach with a focus on making a huge difference within the NHS. They combine exceptionally high standards and public sector values with commercial focus, innovative thinking and modern technology to create the best possible patient experience. The technology arm to the business provides a broad range of IT services to the trust covering desktop, email, clinical/administrative systems, network, mobility, telephony and IT training with an aim of making digital healthcare a reality.
The main purpose of this role is to lead and manage large scale and complex IT infrastructure projects that impact across the organisation in support of transformational change within IT and as an enabler of business change. The Senior Technical Project Manager is responsible for ensuring their projects are managed, supported and delivered within the PRINCE2© framework, standards and principles ensuring qualitative delivery to time, within local budgets and other tolerances.
You will be required to provide advice, strong leadership and clear direction to the teams within your projects. In addition to this, you will manage project resources either those directly assigned to projects or in a matrix environment and provide leadership and guidance in line with Trust policy and PRINCE2©.
* Matrix management of a diverse group of people which may include Clinicians, Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Solution Architects and 3rd party suppliers.
* Manage project benefits, objectives, schedules, risks and issues, and undertake timely and effective communication to all stakeholders.
* Maintain understanding, knowledge and awareness of technology developments and best practice in IT infrastructure solutions.
* Manage the design, testing and implementation of solutions for delivery
* Lead in the IT business change aspects of system implementation
* Implement effective change management.
* Communicate with all stakeholders and provide regular progress updates
* Extensive project management experience and a strong background in leading complex and/or multiple projects using various project management methods.
* Proven track record of projects delivered to time, cost, scope
* Experience of identifying, costing, mitigating and managing complex risks and issues in multiple projects.
* Good knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Data Centres, Communications Rooms, Servers, SAN's, Telephony solutions.
* PRINCE2© Practitioner or equivalent Project Management qualification
* Advanced MS Office MS Project and Visio skills.
It is ideal for this role if you have experience working in a large NHS or private healthcare organisation, however this isn't essential.
This is a fantastic, rewarding opportunity to join an innovative technology services provider making a difference within the NHS. Please forward a copy of your CV or call (Apply online only)