|Job Ref:||204694004||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving millions of users. Work with product managers to understand user needs for new and existing services. Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers, and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders. Identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems. Lead development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems. Ensure system architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points/APIs, to deliver a high quality user experience.|
Exciting Greenfield Government development project working with latest technologies.
Good communication skills and willing to mentor junior staff, as two DWP apprentices will also be working in the team to ensure internal skills transfer and building of DWP capability.
The resource will provide Java development skills to produce prototypes of a number of functional areas of the existing Central Payment System (Oracle). This is to explore the possibility of developing in-house elements of the Central Payment System.
A prototype of three functional areas of the Central Payment system under review :-
1) Payment Hub - Develop centralized payment solution to external Parties which can be used by rest of Gov. Eventually all Gov payments in/out could be via hub reducing costs of duplicate systems and bulk savings.
2) Accounts Payable Gateway Open up accounting/payment solution to rest of Gov. New systems being developed like Universal Credit would integrate via these open interfaces/services.
3) Local/Faster Payments New faster payment solution to be used by rest of Gov and offer cost savings.
JAVA developer required to prototype green-field projects with Government client.
Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, from initial analysis & design to prototyping.
Ideally you will have a combination of server side(Back End) and front end(UI) experience.
A Flexible attitude to get involved in all aspects of a green field proof of concept project.
Willing to coach and mentor junior members of the team.
Core Skills :-
Desirable Skills :-
- JBOSS, Tomcat, Linux, XML, JSON, JDBC, Apache HTTP, Apache Camel.
- Experience working with HTTP SOAP, HTTP REST & SOA concepts and implementation.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Database(Postgres/Oracle/MySQL) & Middleware(ActiveMQ, IBM MQ) integration.
- Experience of high capacity, high traffic, high availability systems.
- Experience of Banking/Transaction processing systems.
- Exposure to C++/C good to have.
- Exposure to E-Business integration good to have