|Job Ref:||204693967||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||SW9||Address:||Salary:||£291/week||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an amazing company to develop your future career. Apply now!|
You will be working for...
An award-winning provider of affordable housing in the UK with over 16,000 homes in London, the Midlands and West Sussex. We offer a friendly place to work with excellent benefits including healthcare and a strong commitment to learning and development.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this role you will...
- Act as first point of contact for uses who need IT systems assistance by providing basic support for hardware, peripherals and network access security
- Follow standard service desk operating procedures, logging all calls to the service desk accurately and via software solution then act upon calls logged ad report back to end-users when problems have been resolved within agreed SLA's
- Learn fundamental operator of commonly used software, hardware a d other equipment including telephone equipment to provide effective and efficient service
- Set up user accounts and profiles as required in lie with viridian housing polices and remove logins and access for staff that leave
- Ensure that daily backups of the central computer systems and databases are taken, checked and recorded and that an audit trail is maintained in line with policy
- Manage and maintain the inventory of IT equipment including mobile phones
- Setup, configure and clear away to storage IT equipment as required on a temporary basis for training or other meetings
- Deal with the installation, configuration and deployment of new computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Advise users on how to use systems more effectively where necessary, providing on the spot training as appropriate to allow them to continue with their work
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)
Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications L3
Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A- level educational level), MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to embrace responsibility and be a keen learner
- Good communication skills and telephone manners
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to learn ad support new applications
- A self-motivated attitude and 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
The daily working hours are from 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
You may have the opportunity to further progress your career, subject to normal recruitment and selection practices - please note that there is no guarantee that there will be a suitable role on completion.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached