|Job Ref:||204693864||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Eyemouth||Address:||Salary:||£153 - £230/week||Post Date:||19/10/2016 03:26|
This is an opportunity to join a young dynamic technology provider providing varied networking and technology solutions to the SME marketplace in Scotland. Apply now!|
You will be working for...
A company initially focused around a small number of blue chip fund management clients in Edinburgh the business and grown and changed and now has a range of clients in a range of sectors and throughout the country.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this role you will...
- Have an involvement in remote and on-site support to a client base ranging from legal practices, investment banking clients, major logistical businesses, highland shooting estates through to micro businesses, teleworkers and community based project groups
You would be working with the following technologies:
- Cisco Meraki cloud managed networking
- SIP Telephony
- Windows Server environments
- Windows desktop environment
- Thin client technologies
- Satellite, EFM , leased line and standard DSL connectivity
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)
Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Cloud Technologies
- Support BYOD
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1 and Other Client Operating Systems
- Mobility Solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing Devices and Networks
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent To Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level)
- Vendor qualifications - Installing And Configuring Windows 7 Client (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8 (Exam Optional - Only One Exam Included*), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND1 (Exam Optional Cost), Microsoft IT Security Fundamentals (no exam), Installing and configuring Windows server 2012 (exam optional cost), Server Virtualization With Windows Server HYPER-V and System Centre (Exam Optional Cost), Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices ICND2 (Exam Optional Cost), *Apprentices can choose to take an exam in one of these courses. If they wish to do the exam for both, speak to your QA apprenticeships account manager for more information and costs
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent to Second Year of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Who should apply...
- In addition to having a passion for technology and the urge to work within the technology sector, the successful candidate would be expected to possess the following skillset as a prerequisite
- Someone with an awareness and ideally some knowledge of networking and IP
- Someone with an awareness and ideally some knowledge of leading desktop Operating Systems and ideally a knowledge of MS Office 2013/2010/2013/2016
- Someone with a rudimentary knowledge of basic LAN infrastructure
- Someone with a knowledge or awareness of basic firewall and cyber security methods and practices
- Someone with the ability to communicate with a diverse user base with limited or no technical knowledge in what can be pressurised situations
- Someone who is completely comfortable using the telephone, able to skype for business, able to use remote support tools to assist customers and work with colleagues in remote locations
- Someone who is comfortable working in a variety of environments as diverse as professional office environments to food production facilities
- Someone who is prepared to undertake significant studying and be prepared to work towards industry qualifications
- Someone who is a self-starter, disciplined and be comfortable working alone or with colleagues in remote locations
- Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
Other Important Information...
- Daily working hours are from Monday to Friday, 9:00-5.30, 37.5 hrs p/w
- Initially be based at our offices in Eyemouth but a significant amount of travel would be undertaken
- As the role involves travel to client site on occasions, either a driving licence and access to car or close proximity to a train station is ideal
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached