|Job Ref:||86693BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Feltham||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
Job Title: System Test Engineer |
Req ID: 86693BR.
Locations: West London
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is seeking Test Engineers as part of a major programme engineering team tasked to design and deliver new static and deployed GIS and Imaging systems within the Defence Intelligence domain. We are seeking a Systems Test Engineer to support the Engineering Life Cycle in the build, integration, configuration and test phases . This will include work on new and Legacy systems for replacement of or modifications to elements of MoD GIS and DI systems. Based primarily in west London the Test team also carries out work in Harlow (RSL UK Head Office) and at another customer site near Huntingdon.
This role offers a highly skilled and motivated Test Engineer an exciting opportunity to join the Defence Intelligence Engineering team. The successful candidate will find themselves working on programmes at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle, gaining experience and an understanding of how Engineering and Raytheon operate. You will progressively develop technical, interpersonal, team working and other valuable skills that are fundamental to the business. Your capabilities will increase through both on the job work experience, and our commitment to continuous professional development.
The Test Engineering roles on the programme are within the Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) Common Project Team (CPT). There are a number of roles at various experience levels including IVV management, verification planning, component acceptance, system, Customer Acceptance and transition testing positions. There will be significant customer and subcontractor exposure, through formal project meetings and working groups; candidates must be comfortable with collaborative working to develop an overall test strategy and solution. The Test Engineers will report to the ITEA Manager on the programme.
The Test Team:
• Supports requirement refinement and the definition of Acceptance Criteria
• Supports the design review process
• Contribute to the Integrated Test And Evaluation Plan (ITEA Plan)
• Deploys analytical methods including modelling to determine acceptance
• Supports the concept development through design influence to reduce the through life cost of the system creating optimal test planning
• Defines and participates in major milestones of system verification activities including Test Readiness Reviews, ATO, Test acceptance at contractor facilities (ATO or FAT) and deployed at user sites (Transition test or SAT).
• Establishes strong relationships with the programmes customer, key stakeholders, Subcontractors, and Raytheon US counterparts.
• Ensures that all engineering activities undertaken under their control are conducted to a common standard that reflects best practice, and are in accordance with CMMI as instantiated in RSL IPDS.
• Manages Defect Reporting and resolution tracking
• Uses Raytheon 6 Sigma proactively to foster a culture of continuous process improvement.
Company and Programme Background
Raytheon is a leader in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems, combining sensors and advanced networks to create entirely new ways of perceiving the world. Our Defence Intelligence Solutions (DIS) business is an industry leader in Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and a trusted partner for MOD. Over the past 30 years, Raytheon has developed a deep understanding of Defence Intelligence missions through its involvement in multiple UK and international programmes, and has the domain knowledge and mission understanding crucial to the success of our customers. In recent years, Raytheon has partnered with MOD to successfully overcome challenges and complexities. Raytheon's culture is that we stand firm on our customer commitments - we will deliver.
Business Unit Profile
Integration & Test Engineering
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Feltham