|Job Ref:||204696390||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Salford||Address:||Post Code:||OX7||Salary:||£30000 - £36000/annum Bonus, Healthcare, Pension, Childc||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:58|
I am working with one of our industry leading clients in Manchester to secure a Mechanical Design Engineer with a strong background in New product development. |
The role has become available within the companies New Product Development team and they are interested in a NPD Design Engineer who has been involved in achieving new designs for a medium complexity product. The ideal candidate would have some exposure to working with conveyor systems.
The New Product Design Engineer would be responsible for the following:
• Plan and organise own and teams daily & weekly workload to ensure delivery of project milestones and longer-term strategic business objectives.
• Ensure department provides a responsive service to all its 'customers'
• Improved 'right first time' of projects; improve production assembly.
• Improved efficiencies of the engineering team against current standard times by improvement of the existing processes.
• Ensuring projects costs (production) / estimates are understood against actual costs.
• Ensure timely action / closure out of customer concerns, and engineering changes for the department.
• Liaise closely with technical managers to create high quality, high performance material handling solutions
• Preparation of conceptual designs and rendered images
• Contribute to new product design, reducing costs and lead times by investigating and implementing new design techniques and manufacturing processes
• Responsible for carrying out risk assessments and advising safe methods of work
• Responsible for ensuring designs meet required regulatory compliance, CE compliance, Machinery Directives, LVD, etc. Ensure safety, health and environment is inherent in all projects.
• Preparation of technical quotations and producing estimates of product costs
• Develop, maintain and amend engineering design drawings using 2D and 3D software packages
• Participate in and recommend continuous improvement activities
• Liaise with other departments to efficiently and effectively resolve problems
• Promote, improve and maintain appropriate quality systems during the design process.
• Identify own training needs and communicate these through to the Mechanical Design Manager.
The company is paying £30-36k depending upon experience, and with this contributory pension scheme, private health care and an annual bonus.
If you are interested in the opportunity and meet the requirements, please apply immediately for consideration. If you require further information, please contact Ruth Llewellyn at White Label