|Job Ref:||204696343||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum + £5k guaranteed bonus + family heal||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:14|
Laboratory Manager / Test Equipment Manager required for exciting opportunity with leading Gloucestershire manufacturer. Part of a global business this is a great opportunity to have a significant role to manage a team of engineers for the co-ordinating all activities relating to product reliability, design validation, product audit and laboratory functions within the business. |
As a Laboratory Manager / Test Equipment Manager you will be responsible for the following:
Main job functions:
- To manage the NPD test facility, ensuring that this is flexible, maintained and efficient.
- To develop a strategy for laboratory development in line with the business goals.
- To develop and implement processes to ensure the laboratory facility is maintained and utilized efficiently.
- To work with other functions within NPD to impact warranty and validation activity.
- Drive product integrity initiatives to reduce warranty and maximize customer satisfaction.
- To support NPDI project teams with lab related support.
- To ensure the continued improvement in product design test validation processes.
- To manage, develop and implement the product audit function within the business.
- Provide technical support to other internal functions.
- Manage, develop and mentor direct reports as appropriate.
As a Laboratory / Test Equipment Manager you will have experience working in a product testing environment. As a Laboratory / Test Equipment Manager there is lots of diversity in the role including:
- Meeting and demonstrating capability and testing quality to existing and potential customers
- Scope to identify and implement continuous improvement
- People coaching and development
- CAPEX projects
- Opportunity to influence NPD across the business
- There are plans for expansion of the facility which you will be involved with
As a privately owned business the company invests significantly in NPD across the globe, the culture of the business is excellent with opportunities for career progression.
You will be a successful Lab / Testing Manager with the following experience:
- Experience of working in and appreciating an environment, which is focused on quality and customer satisfaction.
- Effective communication skills for example being able to persuade others and to negotiate in committee to maximize the commercial opportunity for the company.
- An ability to communicate complex technical matters to a non technical audience.
- Good team working and team leading skills when working with other managers and to effectively manage own team.
- Open attitude to change and have sufficient energy and vision to enable achievement of targets when working within teams, many of who will not be direct reports.
- Proven ability to manage in a dynamic, technical environment
- Financial Management
- Test department process knowledge