|Job Ref:||204696292||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Post Date:||19/10/2016 02:13|
One of the world's leading Water Systems companies seeks an experienced Mechanical Engineer. You will be able to design new moulds and mould parts using Solidworks and amend existing drawings so you will be an experienced user of this software and also AutoCad. You will be experienced and knowledgeable in workshop skills and machining methods in order to support the activities of internal Mould Engineering and Maintenance Workshop Teams. You will report to the Mould Engineering Manager.|
The Main Tasks and Responsibilities are:-
• To work with the Product Development Team and Mould Engineering Manager to understand the requirements for a new product design or a variation to an existing design.
• To design, procure and project manage the manufacture of new and modified mould tool parts requirements.
• Pro-actively enhance the condition, durability and performance of mould portfolio through continuous improvements to mould design and mould manufacture.
• Photograph, document and register new moulds.
• Maintain the electronic mould database, ensuring an accurate record of repairs and spend for each mould.
Support the workshop team by:-
• Sourcing materials and parts requirements for each task.
• Ordering stock of consumables and spare parts.
• Raise purchase orders and liaise with suppliers regarding deliveries.
• Identify and prioritise the mould maintenance work assigned to external toolmakers and suppliers.
• To coordinate the delivery and collection of moulds and mould components to and from external toolmakers and service providers.
• Provide cover of service in times of absence of workshop staff.
• Attend mould engineering meetings, including some international travel.
• To support the wider engineering team by producing and modifying layout drawings for site plans, factory equipment and machinery.
• Report activities to the Mould Engineering Manager.
Knowledge and Skills
• Experienced in a mechanical engineering workshop environment.
• HNC qualification - Mechanical Engineering.
• Able to read and interpret technical drawings, including a clear understanding of engineering tolerances.
• Knowledge of use of materials specific to each task.
• Experienced in workshop techniques - milling, turning, welding.
• Able to measure components accurately using Vernier, caliper etc.
• Experienced in using SolidWorks - to produce part drawings.
• Basic PC skills - use of MS Excel, X3, Mould Management System.
• Full UK driving licence.
Hours of work for this role are 34.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, employee benefits and a friendly and listening environment